Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despair

forum for the NWN world of Despair

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mage Information - Legendary Progression

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Czecky

Mage Information - Legendary Progression Empty
PostSubject: Mage Information - Legendary Progression   Mage Information - Legendary Progression Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Hello all. I think that Mages are in need of additional spells. Some of the players that I have spoken with agree, and some do not. I am thinking about complimenting their spells with the addition of four rings of power. These rings would be rewarded to Wizards and Sorcerers that progress beyond Epic levels.

To qualify for these rings the mage must be at least 21st level. The rings will be obtained at levels 45, 50, 55 and 60. Each one will replace the previous one, so once you reach level 50, for example, the level 45 bonus mage ring of power will be replaced with the 50.

I am still working out the specifics of these rings, but suffice it to say that each one will improve upon the last. Some of the bonuses are int/cha, regen, bonus and epic spells. The EPIC spells on the rings will not be defensive, as offense is the key purpose for these bonuses.

As always, please feel free to leave comments on this. From the looks of it, if you focus hard on the caster class, you could have upwards of 15 spell slots for some levels, with 4 additional Epic spells (for now, Hellball and Greater Ruin). So with these new spells, and some additional magic in the works for mages, I see more bosses falling to the magic of mages (at least they will be more useful in a party when said boss is encountered).

What is not understood yet is how this will work in the occasional PVP battle when that angry mage comes for a fighter. I'm guessing it will not be pretty for the fighter...

Czecky
Back to top Go down

Mage Information - Legendary Progression
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Despair :: Server Information :: Server Updates-
Jump to: