Despair

forum for the NWN world of Despair

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

favorite - least favorite thing about despair

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AwakenerOfArmageddon

PostSubject: favorite - least favorite thing about despair   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:42 am

Okay fellow despairites, I am wondering what thing you like the most on Despair, and what thing you like least. I will post mine after some of you post yours.

AoA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shore Breaker

PostSubject: Re: favorite - least favorite thing about despair   Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:44 pm

It seems that the only real survivable toon is gonna be a Vamp. Unless anybody knows of another toon that
can get all the saves and damage resistance that a vamp gets. Thought we were supposed the be saving despair
from undead not joining the masses. Still love the server just wish there weren't so many vamps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: Undead and Despair   Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:04 pm

Abby wrote:
It seems that the only real survivable toon is gonna be a Vamp. Unless anybody knows of another toon that
can get all the saves and damage resistance that a vamp gets. Thought we were supposed the be saving despair
from undead not joining the masses. Still love the server just wish there weren't so many vamps

There is an allure towards the playing of undead subraces. One could say the same of the playing of a monk. I would also like to point out that werewolves are similar to the vampires in the ab/ac bonuses. Another undead, I know... Which brings me to the main point of this post: How do we compensate? What do we need to do to fix or aid others in their quest to save HOPE?

I will show some of the things that I have done to make it tougher for em, and keep Despair fun at the same time.

1. I have added extra divine and fire and blind damages and made their saves harder.

2. I have had the monsters in Despair improvise and adapt to their surroundings (all the undead) and do extra divine damage.

3. I have added the IoVH - although in their infancy, they are becoming more organized as we speak. I even allow players to join the IoVH clan, where they get special weapons and access to the vampire coven.

I cannot stop the server from becoming populated with vampire monks. I can, however, continue to beat them in PVP and continue to kill my bosses with my builds that are NOT vampires. With a properly built toon that is right for specific an area one can survive and prosper.

If anyone has any info, ideas or suggestions for a subrace or solution to this occurance, please feel free to post on it. I will consider all posts. I would not be above thinking of a new set or two that are not useable by vampires, or a weapon that cannot be equipped by vampires, that gives other subraces an advantage over them.

So in closing, if you feel strongly on this, join BlackJack and Czecky and Rick in IoVH. Oh, that reminds me, a friendly reminder: We at the IoVH kill vampires at any level - there is no such penalty for EFFIE killing when it comes to removing undead.

Czecky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AwakenerOfArmageddon

PostSubject: Re: favorite - least favorite thing about despair   Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:11 pm

I moved this discussion over to the suggestion board to be continued. Onward with the original topic!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ß|ªçkJªçk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: favorite - least favorite thing about despair   Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:09 pm

My favorite thing about Despair is Balance... Mostly in pvp. It is more about the build than about the items. The items can help sway the outcome of pretty equal builds, but it is still more about the builds. And it seems as if for every build you make, there is a build out there that can be made to beat you. Balance!

Least favorate thing is our lack of regular players. We have maybe 12 to 15 regulars with 5 to 7 on together at the same time. I know that NWN2 is a major factor in this. With less people out there playing NWN there are less for us to nab, so please help any noobs that come on... make them feel welcome and maybe they will bring friends.

ß|ªçkJªçk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddy

PostSubject: Re: favorite - least favorite thing about despair   Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Guys, I've been busy but have tried to check in from time to time. Not much activity here and every time I log on to Despair there is nobody around. What's happening?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ß|ªçkJªçk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: favorite - least favorite thing about despair   Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:05 pm

I took this last weekend off from gaming. Most of our regulars that i have talked to are taking breaks. Some have even been playing other sites just for something different.... Czecky hasnt been on much due to pc problems and spending xtra time with family. In the past few days some older players have started playing again and we have gotten some new players.. Dodgy and his friends from his server. It is good to see a new guild and i wouldnt be aginst funding a basic guild hall for them.

I will try to get everyone on this weekend if i see them.

ß|ªçkJªçk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: Stick with it, all   Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:06 pm

You know the way I am. My site is very dynamic and changes happen quick. Some will take time off from time to time, but if we just have players that look for all to be on, and don't just play to get that specific drop, or to farm this or that, or to finish some of the new quests that have came in only today, then we will be alone.

There are some that are getting their friends to play here, if not just to check us out. Lets show them a bit of courtesy, until they make you angry! Then kill them if they are legal!

Enjoy us here, and please keep comments coming - good and bad.

Czecky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: favorite - least favorite thing about despair   

Back to top Go down

favorite - least favorite thing about despair
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1