Despair

forum for the NWN world of Despair

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Recent BUGS from upgrading to CEP 2.3 - Please post any concerns / issues here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Czecky

PostSubject: Recent BUGS from upgrading to CEP 2.3 - Please post any concerns / issues here   Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: Fixes - 1   Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm

There were some maps that transitions did not work and allow egress. I have looked into these and in each case, CEP 2.1 model issues (creatures or placeables) were the cause. I have removed the offending objects, and will replace when time permits.

Additional encounters have been corrected and adjusted, and certain monsters that once killed, could respawn again by their encounter, AND after a time limit of the original's death, have been corrected.

Tweaks might be in order, for certain maps as encounters and placed creatures do not function in the same way. So, there might be some places that have too many that can reach the player before he/she has time to dispatch said baddy. I'll be needing feedback on that point. I'll be testing soon, as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: OK... here we go   Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:53 pm

It would appear that a couple of things were missed during the testing phase. One of which was the mentioning of NOT taking divine damage in sunlight by undead. Which if it was picked up on earlier, would have pointed us in the direction of some updates necessary for skins (necessary for subraces to function propperly).

I'm working on it.

Czecky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: Divine damage, day and night transitions for bonuses   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 am

All working!

I'm taking a look at the Legendary Leveler today and then will place this version up for testing.

Thanks for all your patience all.

I would also like to place some emphasis on subraces. I have over 90 now, and I think that actually 40 or so are used with any regularity. I'm going to place a subrace thread up, and all you do is reply with some names of subraces that you like. Let me see what we can further do to speed up Despair!

Love Czecky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: OK - for those of you whom read...   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:27 pm

The Guild wand and Legendary Leveler are fixed now. Subraces are now working on the new CEP 2.3 mod and are being further tested by BJ tonight (Thursday). All banks work as planned, Daytime and Nighttime bonuses work and all seems well in Despair.

I am going to need to adjust the vampire damages for sun and certain spells again, but most is finished already.

Hope all is well and I'll do further testing, but I think that the server will be fully up Friday evening.

Czecky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Recent BUGS from upgrading to CEP 2.3 - Please post any concerns / issues here   Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Speaking of subraces; since your subraces are soft, will the bonuses received stack with armor? ie. 18 naked Dex +6 (vamp) +12 NWN Max Bonus = 36... or does the subrace buff take away from the NWN Max stat bonus? ie. 18 naked + 6 subrace +6 NWN Max = 30?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lurker

PostSubject: Armorer bug?   Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:15 am

The armor crafter in Micidal will not craft cloaks or cloth armor (didn't test light, medium or heavy)... you can build it, but the gold she "charges" is in the negative and once the item is ready and you choose to craft it, she will not give it to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Recent BUGS from upgrading to CEP 2.3 - Please post any concerns / issues here   Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Lurker wrote:
Speaking of subraces; since your subraces are soft, will the bonuses received stack with armor? ie. 18 naked Dex +6 (vamp) +12 NWN Max Bonus = 36... or does the subrace buff take away from the NWN Max stat bonus? ie. 18 naked + 6 subrace +6 NWN Max = 30?

Someone already answered this one for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: Thanks Lurker and Boo and BJ for some fixes   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:48 am

I caught these gals/guys in the game and found out about some maps in Misty and out and about that were not imported properly into our Despair v 2.3. I have resolved the issues that kept these maps from loading.

I also have re-imported all forging base items and all should be working with the armorer in Micidal General now.

Silken Death should now spawn in properly as well.

Thanks again all.

Czecky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: OK - All know issues from going cep 2.3 are resolved   Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:05 am

The character deleter is now fixed and you can use it in the ruins, xp bank, and coven maps.

When falling into the pit (you know where) it no longer announces it to the world.

When exiting the forge of demons, you are further away from the entrance, so it will not say you are entering it again upon leaving.

The vampires have been adjusted on the carabin battlefields. Should be around 20 on each map dispersed accordingly.

The on enter script that runs when you join despair has been lessened to make it quicker and all game scripts have been cached to aid in speed of the server.

Czecky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent BUGS from upgrading to CEP 2.3 - Please post any concerns / issues here   

Back to top Go down

Recent BUGS from upgrading to CEP 2.3 - Please post any concerns / issues here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1