Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despair

forum for the NWN world of Despair

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In an effort to speed up the server...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Czecky

In an effort to speed up the server... Empty
PostSubject: In an effort to speed up the server...   In an effort to speed up the server... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:04 pm

I will be doing several things.

First off all core scripts are cached again. They were cached by the server a while back, before the upgrade to CEP 2.3, and are done so again.

I have reduced the size of some scripts and streamlined them for quicker execution.

And, I am also thinking of limiting the amount of items that characters can carry on their persons. I did a dry run, and all works well. It's all done. I have not come up with a limit yet, but just to tell you what Ghunna had on em... 844 items!

I am going to ask for some opinions on this, but at it stands now, I am close to 200. To aid with this, I am adding a Evil Token Bank item and a Slaad Tongue Bank, as well. When used, those items will tally up what you have on you, and bank them into the item. That way they won't clutter up your inventory and you can more easily store them for trading or quests.

So, the way this works, is that when you enter Micidal General, The Ruins or The Coven, you will have an item check. Stacks count only as one item, so no worries there. If you have more than say 200 items, it will tell you that, and port you to The Void. There a woman will have a store to help rid you of some items, or you can just drop what is in excess. There is an X on the floor, a pressure plate, that will tell you how many items you have in your inventory, and the woman gives another brief explanation of the process.

That's it, and this will help all and keep Despair lean and trim!

Love Czecky!
Back to top Go down
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: In an effort to speed up the server...   In an effort to speed up the server... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Is it possible to make Czecky tokens and holiday tokens stack as well? I know a couple of my toons have many.
I've got a bit of a collection of keys as well.
Back to top Go down
Czecky

PostSubject: Well...   In an effort to speed up the server... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:26 am

Tokens are supposed to be deposited. Holiday and Czecky tokens can be deposited by speaking to the holiday blacksmith in Micidal. He also has other things that he does, so check different conversation paths.

Evil tokens or tokens of evil were the ones that at present, have no way to bank. I have resolved that, and soon you can purchase one in Gurney with blue tokens.

That should make life easier for all.
Back to top Go down
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: In an effort to speed up the server...   In an effort to speed up the server... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:47 am

Blue tokens? Wouldn't red be better with many of us noobs saving for the port to leader relic?
Back to top Go down
Czecky

PostSubject: Spend them how you like   In an effort to speed up the server... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:44 am

You choose your weapons, where to explore and what to spend your resources on.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Czecky

PostSubject: Faster Internet Connection and Script Optimization   In an effort to speed up the server... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:55 am

Hello all.

I have purchased a faster internet connection to also aid in the occasional lag of the server. Some users have reported GameSpy lag issues and some of us in today's world use MSN and other chat programs.

This will aid in latency and should help out immensely.

I have also worked on some additional on enter scripting to reduce the lag when someone comes in. We'll have to see how these efforts work.

Czecky
Back to top Go down
ß|ªçkJªçk
Admin
ß|ªçkJªçk

PostSubject: Re: In an effort to speed up the server...   In an effort to speed up the server... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Lag was almost non existant as of 1/27... nice job!
I think limiting items on a toon will help also. Most servers I have played limit bags of holding to cut down the # of items carried.

ß|ªçkJªçk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In an effort to speed up the server...   In an effort to speed up the server... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In an effort to speed up the server...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Despair :: Server Information :: Server Updates-
Jump to: