HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stories of Despair

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Czecky

PostSubject: Stories of Despair   Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:07 pm

OK. Contest!

Here's how it works. You have to tell two players that are in the game, friends or not, and post their names here as a reply. You will just ask them to check the forum for a contest. Each person who wants to compete here has to tell two different players, (I could just see someone trying to tell the same two players that are already listed, which defeats the purpose!). This will help get the word out about this and make it more fair for all entries. Once you do that, you are elgible to win the following:

A weapon of your choice consisting of the following stats...
A weapon of your choice, +7
4d12 of one damage type of your choice
Keen
Extra damage type (one) slash, pierce, blud
vamp regen 4
SR 32
Concentration, Discipline, Listen and Hide of 8s
Mass Crits 2d12

You will get this weapon for one full week. And, all you have to do to earn it, is to write a short story as told from your view, or someone that might have witnessed you performing an act of heroism or villiany. Only complete entries with 4 or more paragraphs will be considered.

They will be judged by myself and an outsider to our server. I might submit an entry, but will not accept the prize if I win (and I won't judge my own work). Use your imagination and have fun with it. Oh, I need not even remind you that the language and content/context of said entries should be clean, and no bad language or sex please. One entry for each person will be accepted.

There is also a guild contest, as well. So the winning person, if he/she belongs to a guild will earn their guild 2 guild points. I will be posting more info on this later, but it's not just for bragging rights. Prizes will be awarded for participation.

Once submitted, the entries become the property of Despair and I'll make millions on it! Well, not really, just want you all to have fun, and to promote some guild vs guild and role play action.

And as always, I do this with love!

Czecky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ß|ªçkJªçk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of Despair   Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:24 pm

This is a fix to the contest... The weapon you can recieve from the contest is yours to keep. It is not only for a week. I hope everyone starts writing them now, knowing that the item won is forever yours.

ß|ªçkJªçk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czecky

PostSubject: Just to clear this up   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:01 pm

The story contest was kind of postponed due to a lack of participation and understanding, along with the fact that my leg still is broken, but on the mend!

The story has to be submitted / posted by the end of May, 2010. The item will be one of a class you specify, and we'll talk about what you want on it.

All decisions by me are final, and I'll do my best to make u happy. The weapon will be plot, so no one can steal it, and I'll place it on which ever toon you want. down the road, if you want it on another character, it will cost a DM favor token, like other similar requests do.

Enjoy all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ß|ªçkJªçk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of Despair   Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 pm

The 2 players that I have told about the contest are Boo and nightstorms-

ß|ªçkJªçk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ß|ªçkJªçk
Admin

PostSubject: CONTEST STORY   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:59 pm

A Welcome to DESPAIR

Three adventurers stand outside the great wooden gates of Castle Anthrax. A thick black smoke and horrible stench fills the air from the burning corpses of recently slain trolls.

To the left, a knight wearing gleaming plate armor, is cleaning chunks of bloody flesh from his enchanted greatsword. In his dark leathers and forest green cloak, an elf kneels at the gate entrance. He is searching the old rusty lock for possible traps. Standing behind the other two is a human priest wearing white robes trimmed with blue. The mailed gauntlet of Torm emblazoned upon his cloak. He raises his hand to the heavens in prayer for a blessing from his god.

The still night air brings only the sounds of prayer, for there is much trepidation of the number of trolls just beyond the gate. If they only knew of the greater evil that lurks close by.

From the shadows of the forest it comes. The movement so quiet and fluid, that the perceptive elf does not notice. The only sign of something amiss, is the sudden silence of the priest. They turn to see the priest of Torm lying on the ground, blood spewing from his lacerated throat.

A figure emerges quickly from the thick smoke, heading straight for the knight. He is armored in black leather and his hooded cloak flutters behind him as he moves. He wields dual short swords, teeming with magical energy. Though no novice to battle, the knight is caught by surprise. He quickly brings his greatsword to bear, but realizes his mistake as his foe makes an amazingly fast spin while slamming both short swords against his greatsword, throwing it wide right. The pale foe completes his spin, bringing him behind the knight, leading blade low and the trailing blade high. The first slashes deep into the knights left leg, cutting through muscles and tendons. The knight drops to his knees as the trailing blade slips between his great plumed helm and plate armor, severing the spinal cord. He falls face first into the earth, alive, but unable to move.

The elf has drawn his weapons and moves into the fray. To his astonishment, the knight is already on the ground, but he is unperturbed. A well trained master of scimitars, he stalks in circling to the left, attacking high low high, changing directions to keep his foe off balance and backed into a corner. The elf slowly works his attack routine higher and higher, to set up a killing blow. The right hand blade comes in high at the pale one's face, but changes direction before it is blocked. The stab is now angled in a downward thrust at his foe's abdomen, but he is no longer there. He vanished into the shadows. Suddenly the elf feels acid from the magical blade eating away at him from the inside as the sword pierces his back, lung and heart. He is dead before he hits the cold ground.

The pale skinned killer sheathes his blades, steps over the body of the fallen knight and is engulfed by the darkness of the forest.

As the knight feels his life ebbing away, he realizes that they have finally encountered the infamous ß|ªçkJªçk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stories of Despair   

Back to top Go down

Stories of Despair
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1