Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despair

forum for the NWN world of Despair

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Czecky

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: CEP 2.3 PROGRESS   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:57 am

As some of you might already know, the server takes quite some time to reset. I have been looking into this for quite some time, and even enlisted the help of some colleagues that run their own sites.

I have been toying with the idea of seeing how long it would take to reset if the module ran CEP 2.3. I have produced a core and have been importing maps into it. I have ran a load test @ 640 maps total and the server was reloaded in just over 14 minutes.

THAT'S INCREDIBLE!

To help with the reset times and keep everyone happy, I have increased the server up time to just at one day, before it goes down for it's horrible 2 to 2 1/2 hour reset.

I am at present going through all maps and ensuring the NPCs are correct and friendly towards players and also checking the drop files to ensure the nice items still drop.

When the server gets closer to going into CEP 2.3, I'll remind players to ensure that they use MULES to help manage their extra loot, and that they clear out the Gold and XP banks just in case.

I appreciate your patience with this matter, and just as an FYI, this is not a wipe. Nothing should be lost. My databases are backed up, your players will still be available for you to play, and you won't have to make up or redo any toons on my account.

And yes, for all of you who are asking the question... "Will I need to upgrade to CEP 2.3?" You'll need to run the CEP undater eventually. There is no need to do it now. Simple instructions can be found be searching GOOGLE for the words: CEP 2.2 UPDATER.

Thanks,

Czecky
Back to top Go down
wavedancr1

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.3 PROGRESS   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 am

you guys are doing a wondeful job. i till want a blk & wht horse to ride.keep up the great work im excited on the changes.In hopes also you will put in WM armor soon..Hugss to you all for your time and experience of building this server game.
LOVE
wavedancr1 I love you
Back to top Go down
Czecky

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: Some additional thoughts on Despair   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Some Knights of Helm have joined the local guards and the IoVH. This has helped neighboring towns communicate more closely with each other to keep track of criminal activites. To pay for this the neighboring monster lairs have been raided, and their gold added to the cities coffers.

Religions are working together during these times of need. They are not fighting between each other as much as they used to and some have even banded together with temporary alliances.

The IoVH have infiltrated various town guards, monasteries, government officials, religious organizations and other various individuals. It is rumorred that they sail in/around the coasts of Despair. Beware as they tend to make their marks on Undead very shortly.

There has been a surplus of Dragon Blood and teeth collected recently and they have become less valuable. The demand's just not there anymore. One can only hope that this does not last long!
Back to top Go down
Czecky

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: CEP UPGRADE DATES - Testing   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Hello all.

Despair will be going down Wed Jan 6 for testing. It will be password protected and unavailable to play. Thursday CEP 2.1 version will be back up, and available all through the weekend.

The following Mon Jan 11th CEP 2.1 version will go back down and CEP 2.3 back up for another day of testing.

If all goes well, we'll switch over soon, with a bit of luck all will go smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Czecky

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: Testing   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:23 am

We did not test on Wednesday - I spend the entire day taking the axe to Despair and compacting it. It will load much quicker now.

The new testing day is Thursday - and I will be aided by Boo, Armageddon, BJ and Angellica (if they all have time).

The plans are still to get the 2.1 version back up Friday morning, and all weekend long. I will post messages to NOT trade in your tokens and xmas weapons until we switch over to the 2.3 version. Even after that I will give a full week before they start to disappear without your bonus reward for turning them in.

I'm just that cool!

Love Czecky
Back to top Go down
Czecky

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: Progress report - Thursday   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey all.

Looks like all banks and message boards work propperly. Crafting and some dupes/cheats will be checked into next. I have had no one else logged on with me that has been able to help me test pvp and other group functions. I hope some will be available soon.

Czecky
Back to top Go down
Czecky

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: All banks work - still use at your own risk!   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Hey everyone!

All banks work! The server is up, and requires cep 2.3 (link - http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Download.php?id=147417) I also ran the cep 2.2 updater after installing CEP 2.3 (link - http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Download.php?id=132775)

Please contact Angellica, Armageddon, BlackJack, myself, Boo for starters are all up and running.
Back to top Go down
Lurker

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.3 PROGRESS   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:53 am

Server is still passworded.
Any idea when you'll be back up and ready for us?
Back to top Go down
Czecky

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: Approximately 10:30 am - This Sunday!   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 am

woohoo
Back to top Go down
Czecky

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: All Known Issues   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Have been addressed. All banks work as planned (I am still using a mule for my important items - as I always have). The message boards work nicely, all banks going forward are setup propperly.

The recently discovered exploit has been fixed.

I have added checks for cheating that will imprison or delete illegal / cheating toons.

Journal entries are redone (could not import them from the old server).

Misty Castle is reopened - and some XP issues resolved there.

I am looking into newer crafting options, which will compliment what we already have on Despair.

I am looking into different horses, summons and companions.

Please post any bugs or issues you are experiencing under the new thread "recent Bugs", and keep me informed of any cheats or issues that you think the Despair team should address.

Thanks everyone, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CEP 2.3 PROGRESS   CEP 2.3 PROGRESS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CEP 2.3 PROGRESS
Page 1 of 1