Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despair

forum for the NWN world of Despair

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is Despair ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Czecky

What is Despair ? Empty
PostSubject: What is Despair ?   What is Despair ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:33 am

Despair is a Neverwinter Nights Persistent World.

One can play solo or party up with others from across the world. There is no charge to play my module. You will not have to pay to play, like some other sites. There are over 750 maps to explore, with good and bad cities to visit. We use as a base plus 5 weapons and armor, with a nice balance of immunities and resistances. As you progress you can find other items that increase beyond the initial constraints, offering a nice feel of progress.

Exploration is the key. Some items drop on bosses, groups of monsters, in different locations and some more generally to a range of low, med, high or legendary monsters. There are items of power to be had by all classes, and all classes are equally powerful and playable. For leveling your characters, we use the basic Neverwinter Nights defaults for the first 40 levels. After that, we use the Higherground Legendary Levels system, offering levels up to 60. Beyond that is in the works for xp to be checked by a sage, and items and bonuses given to allow players to have higher AB, AC, and attributes, thus providing rewards for further advancement!

There is a high concentration of undead throughout Despair, and that's why you are here. Either to aid them or smite them. With over 87 playable skins and subraces, you can't go wrong in Despair! For right now we use CEP 2.1 and game version 1.69. This makes for interesting game play as it provides a good foundation for additional subraces to play and monsters to fight.

We offer lots of quests for good and evil, and our conversations are interesting and detailed. Several paths are offered and it's not always obvious which way will point you down the right path. Despair offers a very dynamic, ever changing world where you can enjoy with others or all by your lonesome.

Despair is not for the faint of heart, and might even discourage you at first. What we offer in sometimes frequent death and frustration we offset with wonderful players who help others and who have already been through and experienced what you are feeling. We have some nice players. I will not name them, you will soon know who can be counted on for help and who is dangerous!

You have the ability to own your own business, start your own guild/clan, join other's guilds/clans, purchase a house, or two or three and generally have fun! Put in your time, make friends, save gold and all will open up to you in Despair!

We at Despair welcome you to our world! We are different and offer some things that are only now being used/installed in other worlds. We welcome designers and builders as well as players to experience what we have to offer. Take away what you will, we just wish for all to have fun out there in the gaming world.

Despair offers bonus tokens, hidden and 'locked' items, legendary items that can only be used by toons that make the conscious decision to become legendary, set gear, and other random drops to aid you in your quest. Despair not, young adventurer, as your surroundings offer solace and shelter and even an occasional weapon of power to aid you in killing monsters and otherwise defending yourself.

More will come here, and please feel free to join us today!

Czecky
Back to top Go down
Czecky

What is Despair ? Empty
PostSubject: Subrace Bonuses   What is Despair ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Some have asked how they are applied, and what I use. I use the Shayan's Subrace system, and they are applied softly (as bonuses), instead of hard (applied to the toon directly). This might change in the future, but for now it has been proven to be hack free, and totally legal (which makes my job easier).

I might choose to do it the other way, (which would change the way that you would build your toons), but this might invalidate existing toons, and they belong to the players that have been here for the last few years. I have not had a wipe since I went 1.69 and CEP 2.1 (which I am proud of). At this present time, there are over 87 subraces and skins that are in the game. It would take a bit of doing, and commitment on some of the testers and myself to make all of them play nicely with the hard bonus values.

One more thing. If I DO choose to hard apply the subrace bonuses, I shall also make the move to CEP 2.2. There are so many new maps and monster models that it would warrant an upgrade. I could possibly have a very mean 5 headed dragon! The previous mention of upgrading from CEP 2.1 to CEP 2.2 is just to download a single CEP updater, place in your NWN folder, and run it. All the initial hard work in getting CEP 2.1 download and working will not be lost, just expanded upon.

Czecky
Back to top Go down

What is Despair ?
Page 1 of 1