Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despair

forum for the NWN world of Despair

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Resets and uptime

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Czecky

Server Resets and uptime Empty
PostSubject: Server Resets and uptime   Server Resets and uptime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:00 pm

Hey all.

Server resets now take just over an hour. The last one was one hour, sixteen minutes. This is significantly reduced from the two and a half hour previously endured by our players! Please note that this might get even lower as I work on some areas to reduce the overall footprint of Despair.

And as before, the server is up for about twenty two hours, before it goes through that reset.

Love Czecky
Back to top Go down
AwakenerOfArmageddon

AwakenerOfArmageddon

PostSubject: Re: Server Resets and uptime   Server Resets and uptime Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Woot!!

Go Czecky Go!!

-AoA
Back to top Go down
Czecky

PostSubject: Recent Speeds / Server Load   Server Resets and uptime Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Server now has about forth five or so more maps, and it's quicker to load on this new machine - just over an hour. Soon Despair will go to another server, even faster. When Despair reaches 1000 maps, I will stop modding, and start upgrading/updating some of the original 2003 maps.

Promise !!!

(I think) - Czecky
Back to top Go down
Czecky

PostSubject: Update times and method   Server Resets and uptime Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 pm

I am still going with RELOADS vs RESTARTS. I have noticed that with a restart, the time is around 38 minutes, and is not very stable for my server. Might have to with my databases, or the module's containers.

I'm leaving it as RELOAD for a few reasons:
1. The time's not that much more, for an extremely stable environment.
2. I am very, very active in my updates and in keeping Hope and Despair a very dynamic world.

I hope this helps. And as far as how it runs now, the server's up for about 19 hours before resetting, as I run a test to check rare loot drops (availability).

Czecky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Resets and uptime   Server Resets and uptime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Resets and uptime
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Despair :: Server Information :: Server Updates-
Jump to: